The are three copies of this picture. The first is an original postcard. The second is a copy of the postcard with the inscription - 'Goole Docks, S.E. Section, about 1885-90. On left: 6 storey "Isalnd Warehosue" (demolished 1926/7) part of orignal Goole Docks with "turnover crane" and pier (left foreground) also removed 1926. In centre, train of compartment boats heading under "Pickard's" bridge (to No.1 Compt. Hoise). The Harbour basin was filled in in 1967/68. Right centre, double storey building is house of Resident Agent. The two joined small buildings to the left of the house are surmounted by a clock tower and are the original Dock Offices. Right front, keels and schooners at east end of Barge Dock.' The third is also a copy with the inscription - 'a trai of laden compartment boats being worked through barge dock, Goole Docks, to the Harbour Basin, for loading though Nos. 1 and 2 Compartment Boat Hoists.
Location : Box 50 - Compartment Boats "Tom Puddings"
Reference : GOOWM:1991.157