'The entrance to Ship Lock, cconstructed for the opening of the Port of Goole in 1826. The pair of semi-detached houses once housed Goole's Dock & Harbour Master and Lock Foreman. The wooden footbridge in the foreground spanned a 'cut' from the Ouse Dock to the Harbour Basin. A section of the Ship Lock outer gates can be seen to the immediate left of the footbridge. The buildings and the footbridge were demolished in 1967 when the lock was filled in.
Reference : GOOWM1991.117